Thursday, November 11, 2010

book club


The Glass Castle cover

My summer book reading list has continued on into the fall. Once I find good authors, it's hard for me to stop reading. I have been rapidly reading through Jodi Picoult novels. So far, I have read Change of Heart, Nineteen Minutes, The Tenth Circle, Handle with Care, Perfect Match, The Pact, and these last two are probably my favorites so far, Plain Truth and Harvesting the Heart. If anyone wants to start a Jodi Picoult book club, I'm in!!

I currently am reading The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. I typically would not pick up an autobiography, but it came highly recommended from my mother-in-law and there has yet to be a book that she has passed on to me that I have not liked! This book is a quick page turner and reads very much like a fiction novel. I constantly have to remind myself that it is a TRUE story, which is hard to believe once you read her daunting childhood tales yet discover the most resilient children beneath it all. This is a must read (and another great one for a book club)!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I love, love reading anything Jodi Picoult!!! I have 19 Minutes to start as soon as I finish my current read. I will have to check into Plain Truth, Harvesting the Heart and The Glass Castle. Thanks for sharing. And I may need to borrow a few books!!:)

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

have you finishished yet? great book, what a crazy upbringinig.