Sunday, November 8, 2009

Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday from Christian Alliance for Orphans on Vimeo.


Today was Orphan Sunday, a day to raise awareness of the plight of the orphan. We showed this video at our church this morning and it is from the Orphan Sunday website. It's a staggering number to hear 147 million orphans in our world. I don't really know what to do with that number except think that I need to respond to it in some way. I know that I cannot help all the orphans in the world, not half, not a quarter....but maybe one! I have posted before about orphans and how David and I have a desire to adopt internationally. There are so many options for helping orphans in our world and today, I did one of the smallest of things I could do and that was to help raise awareness at our church along with a few others. If you want to read about someone doing amazing things for orphans in Uganda, please check out this blog!

No comments: