Monday, October 6, 2008

Jonas Pax

Jonas Pax was born Saturday, October 4th at 7:14pm. He weighed 8 1/2 pounds and is 20 inches long. (Asher was only 6lbs 1 oz.) We had quite an exciting day leading up to his birth. David's sister's (Julie) family was in town for us to celebrate our neice Katie's 1st birthday. We were at David's parents house, which is ~40 minutes from our house. After the birthday party activities had slowed down, we layed Asher down for a nap and were relaxing when my first contraction hit. After the second one, I decided we probably should head home. We left Asher with David's parents and headed back to our house. My contractions were 10 minutes apart when we left and were 2 minutes apart when we arrived home. We were home maybe an hour before we left for the hospital. We had just enough time to pack our bags AND sign papers to accept an offer on our house! Yes, we put our house on the market last Saturday and a week later found a buyer. We like to do as many things as possible at once. :) So, we made it safely to the hospital and I was able to have a natural labor that was about 4 hours long. Just shortly after the birth....notice David is wearing his Notre Dame t-shirt and thankfully there was a tv in the delivery room so that AFTER the birth (although David was hoping we could have checked scores during the labor) we were able to catch up on college football (I am sure most of you are not surprised by this.).
Sweet Asher came to see us at the hospital and brought me flowers. He keeps saying "baby" and being so sweet to Jonas. He is already a terrific big brother.
Our family together for the first time. My mom brought a stuffed dog for both Asher and Jonas but Asher has claimed them both. He does like to share the dogs with Jonas though.
Asher having a "picnic" lunch with us at the hosptial.
We came home from the hosptial today and all is going well. I probably should head off to bed now since both boys are asleep.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on both the sweet new baby and the house selling so quickly! What a blessed day!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

congratulations!!! what a day. jonas looks like asher, i think! what a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

So happy for you all! Love you so much! Can't wait to see you soon! =) Love, Sarah Anne

khovater said...

Oh Sarah so glad he is here safe! He is very handsome and that Asher looks so much like you! I miss you friend!

Kara said...

Congratulations! Jonas is adorable!

Fam Jennings said...

Congratulations, Sarah & David! We're thankful everything went well. Both boys look adorable. We hope we can see you soon. Mary & Jeremy

Kimberly Parker said...

I cannot wait to see him! Adorable! I miss all you guys.

Anonymous said...

Jonas is so, so cute! I love his name and I've been praising God for the safe delivery!

I look forward to meeting him! Unfortunately, Z and I are feeling a little under the weather right now, so we'll have to wait. I'll give you a call soon, I've missed you!

Kelly S. Gabriel said...

What a beautiful name for a beautiful little boy. Can't wait to meet Jonas in Nov. and if time permits have a play date with Asher and Zane. So happy for all of you!! Congrats, on the house, wow that was fast.
Love
Kelly, Bill, and Zane