Thursday, August 28, 2008

Neighborhood Friends & US Citizenship

I have been getting together with moms from our neighborhood on Mondays. We have met in our neighborhood park, at a neighborhood restaurant, and now have been meeting in each other's homes. This week was my week to host. I normally would have made chicken salad but we have two vegetarians in our group so I had to be more creative. So, I made hummus and served with carrots, cucumbers and pita bread, pasta salad, a green salad with strawberries and blueberries, and zucchini bread.
I also made these yummy treats for dessert....I filled mini pie crusts with nutella and topped with cool whip.
On Wednesday, two of the husbands from our mom group received their US Citizenship. So we had a surprise party for them at our neighborhood park. One is from Mexico and the other is from Germany. We had traditional "American" food, red, white and blue decorations, and even "USA" songs in the background.
Asher and his friend Sophia (whose dad, Pablo, became a US citizen)
We are really enjoying getting to know more families in our neighborhood and look forward to more events like this!

No comments: